My objective is to find a role where I can optimize design operations through effective collaboration across organizational boundaries, utilizing design thinking. With twenty years of experience in UX and the last ten years in leadership positions, I have leveraged my expertise in formulating design strategies, establishing guiding principles, implementing design systems, and employing data-driven measures to drive growth and achieve success.
Jun 2020 – Present
DESIGN CONSULTANT — Partnering with startups and agencies to achieve maximum return on investment through tactical and strategic methods. Clients include The Wing, Imperfect Foods, 17Seconds, Morgan Stanley, and more.
Oct 2016 – Jul 2017
LEAD UX DESIGNER, CONSULTANT @ NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL — Researched and designed a dashboard to improve the competitive advantage of financial representatives with less than 5 years of service.
● Performed an IA audit of 5 separate systems and conducted an open card sort
● Facilitated workshops to set a clear and strategic 5-year vision for the product
● Rearchitected a solution that addresses top pain points faced by advisors and representatives
● Designed the onboarding flow and MVP for the guidance system powered by the CRM application
Jun 2015 – Oct 2016
ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR, XD @ R/GA — Managed experience design teams on holistic marketing initiatives and consumer research projects for clients like Verizon, Johnson & Johnson, and Jet.com.
● Delivered impactful solutions that enriched moments across customer journeys
● Participated in and won pitches to secure new business
● Researched, designed, and A/B tested the purchase funnel for Verizon Fios
● Redesigned a crowdfunding platform that won a SXSW Interactive Award
● Performed formative research for an emerging technology brand
Feb 2020 – Aug 2021
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATION @ NYCUXPA — Initiated content strategies responsible for community engagement via social media, Mailchimp, and Slack and generated brand awareness, resulting in member acquisition and revenue growth.
● Recruited and led a team of 4 volunteers to develop the brand visual style guide
● Increased LinkedIn followership by 78%, averaging 30 followers per post
● Coordinated with board members bi-monthly to promote the organization’s initiatives and report on community engagement
2019 UXQB - International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board
CPUX-F, Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience — Foundation Level
2008 Academy of Art University, San Francisco
Master of Fine Arts in Computer Arts New Media, Cum Laude
2003 Pratt Institute, Brooklyn
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Communication Design Advertising Art Direction